CG Associates offers artistic and professional development for artists, writers and independent curators working in contemporary art. It was set up in 2012 by Castlefield Gallery to provide members with information, skills, opportunities, resources, promotion and critical dialogue.
Since its founding by artists in 1984, Castlefield Gallery has been one of Northern England’s most active and successful organisations for developing emerging contemporary artists and practice. Its ambitious curated exhibitions programme responds to national and international trends, promoting artists at key stages of their careers, including subsequent Turner Prize nominees/winners such as Mark Leckey and Angela de la Cruz and international prizewinners such as Haroon Mirza and Ryan Gander.
WHAT DOES CG ASSOCIATES DO?
CG Associates provides access to a network of committed practicing artists and professionals, resources, ideas and support.
– Opportunities to apply for Launch Pad projects at Castlefield Gallery
– Access to temporary project & exhibition space via the New Art Spaces scheme
– Regular monthly sessions
– Expert professional development training and workshops, including advice on proposals, funding applications and web presence
– Peer to peer crits with other CG Associates as well as visiting artists
– Trips to artist-led projects across the UK
– An hour’s one-to-one advisory session with a key member of Castlefield Gallery staff
– Members’ names & website/blog links on the Castlefield Gallery website
– Invitations to Castlefield Gallery previews and events
– 15% discount at Blyth’s Art Shop
– Regular roundups of national and international residency, exhibition and funding opportunities
– Being part of a network of artists, curators and writers
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
2016 GRADUATES RECEIVE A £10 DISCOUNT ON MEMBERSHIP (offer ends 31 October 2016)
Annual membership costs just £60 per year (£50 for 2016 graduates), which can be paid in instalments over the course of the year.