Returning for its second year, entries for the Greater Manchester Emerging Contemporary Artist Prize 2017 is now open.
The prize is open to practising semi-professional and professional artists working or living in one of the 10 local authorities across Greater Manchester and has been created to provide a platform for emerging contemporary visual artists to become connected to the region’s business community, help provide opportunities for artists to be recognised on a national/international scale and help retain artistic talent in our area.
The 2017 judging panel includes Helen Wewiora, Castlefield Gallery Director; Rachel Goodyear, Artist; Paulette Terry Brien, Co-director of The International 3, and Co-curatorial co-ordinator of The Manchester Contemporary; Andrew Brooks, Artist and winner of the inaugural Greater Manchester Emerging Contemporary Artist Prize in 2016; and Louise Durose, General & Legal Counsel at MAN Diesel & Turbo UK Ltd and Collector.
Shortlisted artists, the runners up and the overall winner will be invited to display their work in The Greater Manchester Emerging Contemporary Arts Prize Summer Exhibition 2017. The popup exhibition will run from Wednesday 10th May to Friday 2nd June 2017.
1 Overall Winner to be awarded £1500 Cash Prize and 3 Runners Up to be awarded £750 cash prize (each). The awards are supported by Fred Aldous and G.F.Smith.
Entry – (£10 for the first artwork, then £5 per additional artwork). Each piece of artwork you submit is judged individually and are considered as separate entries for consideration by the judging panel for all 4 prizes: Overall Winner and x3 Runners Up.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 19th April 2017
Find out more and enter at gmartsprize.co.uk
Criteria for Artworks & Artists
- Artists submitting work to the competition must be resident or working within one of the 10 local authorities of Greater Manchester. All shortlisted entries will be asked for proof of residency/work location in the form of a utility bill in the entrant’s name. Failure to provide proof of residency/work location in Greater Manchester, by the required timescales, may result in your entry being withdrawn: entry fee/s will not be refunded if proof of residency/work location is not received by Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce.
- Artists must be semi-professional or professional in their craft. Narrative of semi-professional/professional status will be expected to be included in the entrant’s application (whether in the form of a CV or in the Artist description or both).
- Entries from third parties or individuals representing an Artist will not be accepted. Only direct entries from Artists themselves will be counted as valid submissions.
- Artwork size must be less than 150cm x 150cm x 10cm (including frame) for artworks to be hung on the wall, and less than 100cm x 100cm x 100cm for sculptures. If you are unsure, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have completed the online entry form, you will be sent to the payment page to pay the entry fee.
- Entry Fee is £10 for first artwork, then £5 per additional artwork.
- Further details are in the Terms and Conditions on the entry page of the gmartsprize.co.uk website.