Castlefield Gallery was excited to be able to announce initial details of the CG Associates scheme at last Thursdays preview of Meanwhile See This, CG’s first Launch Pad exhibition ahead of the schemes official launch in December 2012.
The CG Associates scheme is for artists, writers and independent curators working in contemporary art. It has been developed by Castlefield Gallery to support members in developing their work and careers by providing information, skills, opportunities, resources, promotion and critical dialogue. The CG Associates scheme will act as a hub, bringing together artists, curators and writers, facilitating critical exchange and engagement with members’ work and strengthening the artistic ecology of the North West. The scheme will include user-generated activities, developed in response to members’ needs and requests.
Annual membership costs £60.
CG Associates will benefit from:
- 1 hour’s one-to-one advisory session with a key member of Castlefield Gallery staff.
- Peer-to-peer critiques.
- Show and Tell sessions with other CG Associates and invited artists.
- Opportunities to apply for 3 Launch Pad exhibitions a year at Castlefield Gallery, either as a solo artist or as part of a group.
- Opportunities to make curatorial proposals for 3 Launch Pad exhibitions a year.
- Access to temporary spaces via Castlefield Gallery’s New Art Spaces scheme, which offers offsite ‘Pop-up’ project spaces for artists and creative practitioners.
- CG Associates can book the gallery outside of exhibition hours for meetings, crit groups, photography etc.
- Access to expert professional development training and workshops, for example on pricing, copyright, accessing collectors.
- Practical workshops for CG Associates, e.g. on how to make the most of your digital presence.
- Members’ names and a link to their websites/blog listed on Castlefield Gallery website.
- Profiling on the brand new Art Guide visual arts listing website to promote public facing events and exhibitions in the North West.
- Monthly CG Associates sessions.
- Networking events.
- Studio visits.
- Artist’s talks, discussions and seminars at Castlefield Gallery.
- Invitations to Castlefield Gallery exhibition previews and events.
Email Associates@castlefieldgallery.co.uk to register interest.