For CG Associates only
As part of the CG Associates programme we undertake regular research trips to meet artist-led projects in other cities; previous research trips have visited Birminghan, Liverpool, Sheffield and Nottingham. On this, our first overnight trip, we will visit contemporary art venues in Cardiff including:
- G39 to see the last day of UNIT(e), a ten-week period of production and experimentation by thirteen artists and curators. On Saturday 19th there will be an exhibition and various events. At G39 we’ll also have the chance to find out about WARP – the Wales Artists’ Resource Programme. WARP aims to provide professional development resources and services for artists, with a resource room, a library and an ongoing programme of seminars, artists talks, and peer-to-peer and one-to-one sessions.
- gallery/ten, a contemporary art gallery representing artists such as Andre Stitt and Carwyn Evans. It will be showing its spring group exhibition.
- Chapter, Cardiff’s multiform arts centre, showing film, performance and art. Currently showing Tilt the Horizontal Onto a Slant by 2014 John Moores Painting Prize winner Rose Wylie with an exhibition tour by local artists Thomas Williams and Richard Higlett.
- The National Museum Wales, currently showing Silent Explosion: Ivor Davies and Destruction in Art. Ivor Davies is one of Wales’ leading contemporary artists. The exhibition reveals Davies’ enduring interest in the creative power of destruction and features work in various media including painting, sculpture and performance, spanning the artist’s career from the 1940s through to the present day.
- Arcade, an artist-led project space which provides a place for upcoming and established artists to experiment, test out ideas or show new work and get feedback as part of an ongoing idea or project.
Image: Black Strap (Red Fly) by Rose Wylie, 2014, Oil on Canvas, 184 x 332 cm