Gallery opening times
Wednesday – Sunday 12noon – 5:30pm.
Office Hours: Tuesday – Sunday* 10am – 6pm. * Between exhibitions our office hours are Tuesday – Friday only.
Castlefield Gallery will be closing at 4:30pm on Thursday 21 July. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The gallery will reopen as normal on Friday 22 July, 12-5:30pm.
Castlefield Gallery, 2 Hewitt Street
Manchester M15 4GB
Castlefield Gallery is FREE to visit. We are a registered charity and your donations are gratefully received.
Click to DONATE
- Castlefield Gallery is fully wheelchair accessible.
- The entrance to the gallery is level with the pavement outside. Our entrance door is fairly heavy but our Front of House team will be happy to help you with this so please just ring the doorbell to the right hand side of the entrance upon arrival and after entering please use our entry way hand sanitiser station.
- We have a wheelchair accessible lift to all floors. Again the lift doors are fairly heavy but our Front of House team will be happy to help you with these.
- A wheelchair (unisex) accessible toilet on the first floor is available.
- The nearest free parking spots for disabled drivers are 0.4 miles away on Mount St (updated Jan 2019). For general parking information please see below. The nearest paid parking spots for disabled drivers are 0.2 miles away and are located just off Medlock Street near to Mancunian Way (A5103) (Q-Park multi-storey). There are 28 disabled spaces.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Large print versions of the gallery’s exhibition handouts are available. These are paper based and you can either take them away with you or dispose of them after you have finished using them in one of our onsite bins.
For any further access enquiries please contact the gallery on 0161 832 8034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Castlefield Gallery was named among Manchester’s Top 5 Accessible Tourist Attractions by Euan’s Guide. (published May 2017)
How to get to Castlefield Gallery
Sheffield Bike Stands are located outside the gallery, close to the entrance to the nearby Deansgate railway station and opposite the junction of Commercial Street and Deansgate.
By Metrolink Tram:
To Deansgate/Castlefield. The platform is accessible by stairs and lift.
The No.2 Metroshuttle, the free city centre bus, takes a circular route from Victoria Train Station. The nearest stop to Castlefield Gallery is on Whitworth Street West by Deansgate railway station.
Castlefield Gallery is located behind Deansgate railway station. Alternatively, to access the gallery from Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road or Manchester Victoria railway stations take a Metrolink tram from Victoria or Piccadilly (Altrincham or Eccles direction) to the Deansgate/Castlefield stop. We are within easy walking distance from Oxford Road train station – continue down Whitworth Street West until you reach Deansgate railway station.
Manchester is ringed by the M60, linking to the UK’s extensive motorway network. Follow signs to the city centre and park near Deansgate Train Station. The nearest all-day car parking is a 5-minute walk from Castlefield Gallery and is located on First Street Manchester M15 4FN (Q-Park multi-storey). There are 28 disabled spaces and family parking available and a 24 hour parking stay costs £17. Nearby short-term street parking is available on Deansgate and Whitworth Street West and the gallery is surrounded by many pay at metre / online parking bays.
Phone: 0161 832 8034. Outside of office hours you may need to leave a voicemail.
Please state the nature of your call, your full name and phone number. Please note it may take up to 3 working days for a member of staff to return your call.