Castlefield Gallery Associates membership is open to artists, writers and independent curators working in contemporary art.
Application for membership is for twelve consecutive months. To help spread membership payment, Castlefield Gallery can accept equal monthly payments (new members must pay 6 months in advance, then pay the remaining monthly instalments from month 7).
Members will be notified by email on acceptance of their (first) payment, and will receive a link to the Castlefield Gallery Associates handbook.
Castlefield Gallery reserves the right to share members' contact details with partner organisations when doing joint events.
Castlefield Gallery reserves the right to share members' contact details with Fred Aldous Ltd in order for members to receive online shopping discounts from Fred Aldous Ltd.
Membership will have these benefits:
- Opportunities to apply for one to two Members Exhibitions a year at Castlefield Gallery
- Access to temporary spaces via Castlefield Gallery’s New Art Spaces scheme, which offers ‘pop-up’ project/exhibition spaces for artists and creative practitioners.
- An hour’s one-to-one advisory session with a key member of Castlefield Gallery staff.
- Access to professional development training and workshops provided by Castlefield Gallery.
- Members’ names and a link to their website listed on Castlefield Gallery’s website.
- Invitation to monthly Castlefield Gallery Associates sessions
- Invitation to Castlefield Gallery exhibition launches and events.
benefits may be subject to change at any time.
Membership payments cannot be refunded once they have been made.
Where it is considered that membership would be detrimental to the aims and
activities of Castlefield Gallery Associates, Castlefield Gallery has the power to refuse
membership, or may terminate or suspend the membership of any member.
are not transferable.
Groups can join Castlefield Gallery Associates if they have an established and documented collaborative practice. Groups can only get slots for advisory sessions or ‘crits’ as a group, rather than individuals sessions, and can only apply for a New Art Space as a group. For certain events, e.g. if there is likely to be limited places, groups can only send one member.
Castlefield Gallery has an equality and diversity policy which aims to enable everyone to access the same opportunities and is backed by legislation to prevent discrimination based on prejudices against any group.